● Savannah is home to dozens of cutting-edge technology companies like Evoca, UPlaya and Gulfstream Aerospace and has earned the distinction of being one of the best places to do business in the U.S.
● Savannah features more than 38,000 miles of fiber optic cable and 100+ square miles of wireless broadband.
● Savannah boasts an outstanding quality of life, with one of the nation’s largest historic districts, world-class architecture, award-winning dining, chic shopping and beautiful beaches.
RECENT BUSINESS NEWS
ABOUT SAVANNAH’S ECONOMY
● Savannah’s economy is diverse and broad-based, making it more resistant to the current recession that many other parts of the U.S. and the Southeast.
● The major sectors of the local economic base for the Savannah MSA include the Georgia Ports Authority, tourism, manufacturing, the military and retail commerce.
● The Savannah MSA has an estimated population of more than 334,000, with a steady 1.5% annual growth rate.
● Leading manufacturing employers include Gulfstream Aerospace, Georgia Pacific, International Paper and JCB.
● Leading non-manufacturing employers include Ft. Stewart/Hunter Army Airfield, Memorial Health University Medical Center, St. Joseph’s/Candler Health System, the Savannah-Chatham County Board of Education, the City of Savannah and the Savannah College of Art and Design.
SAVANNAH’S AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Savannah has won dozens of top awards and has been recognized as one of the most outstanding place to do business in the United States. The list of awards includes the following:
● Hottest Cities to Do Business – Inc. Magazine
● Top 10 Hot Spots for Entrepreneurs – Area Development Magazine
● One of the Top 25 Cities for Business Expansion or Relocation – Business Development Outlook Magazine
● World’s Top Ten Trendy Travel Hot Spots – The New York Times
● Top 10 U.S. City to Visit – Conde Nast Traveler
● Top 25 Places to Live & Work – Outlook Magazine
● Top 10 Cities in the U.S. and Canada – Travel + Leisure
● Best Southern City – Southern Living
● Number One in the Nation in Workforce Training – Expansion Management